Monday, July 27, 2009

Watch it!

I never thought I would be blogging about a watch I bought (!) but sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is :P So here goes..

All that guilt about not contributing to society (top 1% of the youth in the country who has had the privileged access to premium education and all that) can actually be assuaged by buying a watch - do you believe it? Atleast that's what I felt when I first saw the watches on the Titan website. And one particular watch caught my eye - the Red Panda.

The Red Panda, also called the Firefox, is native to the Himalayas, ranging from Nepal to west of China (thanks to wikipedia for the info). It is also found in Northern India, Bhutana and Myanmar. The Red Panda's diet consists mainly of Bamboo. It is hunted for its fur, and its lush bush tail which is used to make hats. It is an endangered species today, protected by laws in all the countries where it lives. Hunting it is illegal.

In my case it was the cart pulling the horse, if you know what I mean. I saw the watch before I knew about the animal:
What a beautiful creature, I thought. And the watch, with its rich brown leather strap and golden casing seemed to enhance its beauty. I bought the watch.

And every time someone remarks on my watch (it's usually: "Oh wow! What a beautiful watch!") :)) I tell them: "This is the Red Panda. It's native to the Himalayas.. "
My 2 cents.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thats a really cute .....the animal and the watch :) ......

Nivedita said...

I completely agree :)

Mihir said...

and such a coincidence that you work for titan :P

BTW saw the red panda in Gangtok... supercute :)

Nivedita said...

@Mihir: Didn't someone wise say: "There is nothing incidental about coincidence"? :P
Aww.. you saw the Red Panda!! :))

Ishani said...

Nice!! Seriously, nothing to write about :D

Cute watch though... well done :)

prasanna said...

"..And the watch, with its rich brown leather strap..." err, y do i smell irony here?? :)

Nivedita said...

@Prasanna: Absolutely not I meant every word from the deepest corner of my heart :D