Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Take me instead!

This was my instant reaction on hearing reports of Rahul Gandhi becoming PM incumbent. Not only does it show the utter disregard for the existing PM, even comparing a greenhorn like Rahul Gandhi with Dr. Manmohan Singh is blasphemy. I mean, come on guys! Our current PM is one of the most highly educated people we will ever find, and the fact that he has chosen to give back to the country by entering politics speaks a lot for his character. But since Politics is so simply because it doesn't make any sense, I say that if you think Rahul Gandhi will make a suitable PM, let me tell you, "Take me instead!"
Let me see why:
1. I am an ordinary Indian citizen who has seen the situation in India for what it is, without the comfort of a famous surname as well as fashionably breaking security cordons to "meet the people"
2. I have no political affiliations (I think this is more of a positive than a negative)
3. I will take my role more seriously because it was not handed over to me in a silver spoon
4. I would take up the post because I want to use the power to make a difference to the million of lives in India, and not to make money/garner mind share/win elections
I think there are atleast a million people in this country who will fit this bill along with me. So Mr. Rahul Gandhi, you have competition, and how!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't written a satire yet have you? Try one, you might find you are good at it :)

Rc said...

"Vote for NIVI"! :D