Friday, March 2, 2007

Smell the flowers

It took an offhand invitation to a friend for a get-together (followed by a predictable refusal to join) for me to realise that I've been too involved in my life (and in myself) to stop and smell the flowers. There are so many other things that I should do to make my life complete. Being too busy to think about it is just an excuse. I spend my weekends being (and feeling) incredibly lazy, as if to make up for all the 'hard work' that I did all week. I want to spend those couple of days catching up with everyone I haven't kept in touch with, but at the same time I want to spend them at home. If I could just walk out of office right now, with the whole day at my disposal, this is what I would do:
1. Drop in at my Music teacher's house. She has moulded my singing to what it is today, and I haven't met her in ages.
2.
Walk down those narrow roads that I grew up in, the roads I took to school, to my grandparents' place years ago and to all those classes.
3.
Surprise that friend by landing up at her office, and we can spend lunch catching up with each other.
4.
Sometimes, just being with somebody is enough; what you do together is inconsequential
5.
Get hold of a good novel to read (and definitely finish reading it!)
6.
Get myself a new phone, I've been trying to decide on the model for months
7.
Sing my heart out, and do all the other things that are such an integral part of my life :)
8. Parks, lawns, or any open green area for that matter is hard to come by in this concrete jungle. If I ever come across such an area I would walk barefoot on the grass, lie down on the lawns and let nature's therapeutic effects wash over me.

2 comments:

PD said...

So there it goes! Your ever first ever comment!
Looks like some people don't figure at all in your top 8 things to do!!!
Or are they embedded in your 5th point huh?
;)

PD said...

oh sorry, 4th one