Thursday, October 18, 2007

Enchantee (pronounced on-shon-tay)

Mumbai has charmed me. And far sooner than I expected! It stinks most of the time, it's over-crowded, and the weather is horrible. On the other hand, there are loads of places to see and loads of fun things to do - of all shapes and sizes and for all income groups. It's a vibrant place - not for nothing it is called the "city that never sleeps"! The people are genuine, and proud to be ordinary. Mumbai has also done the impossible to me - it has made me a compulsive shopper! :-)
As I leaned out of the local train and the wind whooshed past my face, I felt all my tiredness and my worries slip away. It was an exhilerating feeling.
After Bangalore I thought that I would never be able to like any other city. Bangalore seemed perfect in so many ways - the weather mainly, and the fact that I have lived there for most of my life, of course. In Mumbai, I have found perfection of a new kind - one with many imperfections in it.

No comments: